Sunrise Children's Hospital in Las Vegas, NV is looking to add an Assistant Director to our rapidly growing Emergency Department.  We are looking for a BC/BE PEM physician who is interested in the administrative side of medicine to go along with the clinical work.  This is an excellent opportunity for physicians with established administrative credentials as well as energetic physicians who may be looking to start learning the various aspects of running a department.

The Sunrise Pediatric Emergency Department is a 22 bed unit caring for approximately 35,000 patients per year and growing.  It is staffed 24/7 by PEM physicians, with significant additional coverage from pediatricians, NPs and PAs.  We have a excellent subspecialty call list, great relations with out inpatient colleagues, and wonderful support from the hospital leadership.  Our nursing staff is truly excellent and our nurse manager is one of the very best!

Long known as a major resort city with world-class entertainment, shopping and fine dining, the Las Vegas area also offers a variety of family-friendly activities. If all of you know of Las Vegas is The Strip, you don't know Las Vegas.  With mild (beautiful) winters and warm (actually hot in July and August), dry summers, this desert climate is great for many outdoor recreational pursuits such as boating, golfing, bicycling, horseback riding and fishing. The nearby mountains are ideal for camping, skiing, hiking and rock climbing. Close proximity to Lake Mead, the Hoover Dam, Grand Canyon and other scenic natural landmarks provide Las Vegas residents the opportunity to enjoy some of our country’s most picturesque attractions in their own backyard. Residents can also take day trips to many state and national parks in Nevada , Arizona , Utah and California . A myriad of housing options exist, from rural horse properties to high-rise condos. There are
 many safe, master-planned communities such as the award-winning community of Summerlin, located along the western edge of the Las Vegas valley and framed by the Red Rock National Conservation Area. There is no state income tax. For more information on what Las Vegas has to offer, visit www.lvchamber.com.

We offer competitive salaries and excellent benefits including health (choice of two PPO options), life, vision, dental and disability insurance; 401(k) with potential company percentage match; annual CME allowance; potential for relocation assistance; employee stock purchase plan; stability in an organization with more than 30 years of health care experience; professional liability insurance; and assistance with mandatory hospital credentialing and state licensing, and reimbursement of associated fees.

If you are interested, please contact me at or at [log in to unmask]@yahoo.com

David M. Stocker, MD, MBA
Director, Emergency Department
Sunrise Children's Hospital