On 15 February 2012 13:11, Charlie Brickner <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
> On Wed, 15 Feb 2012 13:00:16 -0600, Matthew Turnbull
> <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
>
>>The number of pages thing is a joke, english grammar books are several
>>hundred pages long, even just brief overviews tend to be in the 30-50
>>page range.
>>

> Color me embarrassed!  I fell for it and thought, "Gee, I've really overdone it
> with Senjecas."  The fourth section of the grammar, Syntax, alone is 18 pages
> at 8 pt. Microsoft Sans and contains 133 of the 295 total paragraphs.  I never
> gave a thought to the many language grammars I own!

One must distinguish, however, between a typical grammar-in-prose and
a bare-bones list of rules. I took it in the sense of "all you need to
know about Esperanto grammar fits on an index card", or my 10 pages of
really dense charts of Russian declinations and conjugations, which
exist despite the simultaneous existence of 100+ page books on
Esperanto.

-l.