Nauspayr: no doors. No houses to speak of either. Historically, at least. I guess they would probably say "in kotyuv" (in the house) and "lanak kotyel" (outside the house). But then again, they could specify whether you were in front of, behind, beside, etc, etc and there not be any particular peculiarity. They might say "dilakh kotyu" (literally: at place of origin = house: at home).

For speakers of Caccigga, there's a more important distinction than between "indoors" and "outdoors": in the warm or in the cold: "inne la usnnagna" or "inne la tagntagna".

On 15 Feb 2012, at 20:25, Tony Harris wrote:

> Alurhsa: sqel which means outside (of) something.  Thus you can be sqel zh sgvy (outside the house, i.e. outdoors) or sqel zh bsnyr (outside the box) just as easily.
>
> You can also just use it as "rr sqel", lit. I am outside, and leave the statement of what it might be that you are outside of entirely up to context or the listener's/reader's imagination.
>
> For what it's worth, tseqel (inside) works the same way.
>
> Also for what it's worth, at least here in New England "outside" and "outdoors" are semi-interchangable.  I would never say I'm enjoying the Great Outside, but I can just as easily say I'm enjoying the winter outside as enjoying the winter outdoors.

Same here: although if you say "I'm going outside" there's a suggestion that you're not doing it for fun; there is a specific aim, whereas "I'm going outdoors" suggests you're doing it because it will be more pleasant in the fresh air. "Going indoors" sounds like you're trying to escape the climate (rain, presumably) and "going inside" suggests you're doing it to because you have to (to cook or whatever) or you're avoiding somebody :)