There's a construction in colloquial German that might be of interest:

dem Mann [sein Auto]
the.DAT. man(.DAT) his.NOM car.NOM

Since [his car] is a constituent, you might say that the possessive
marking is on the possessed.

There's obligatory gender and number agreement between the possessor and
the pronoun, although people tend to get it wrong.