>I am looking at primary sources such as elvish.org as well, and I have
>plenty of interesting material to cover already. For the course,
>however, I'd rather rely on peer-reviewed material instead of random
>findings on the internet and my own preliminary research.

There is only one peer-reviewed source in Tolkienian linguistics, Tengwestie:
http://www.elvish.org/Tengwestie/
It just has a number of specialized papers, however, no introductory or
overview material.

Elvish.org also lists notable books in the resources section as well as some
links to recensions:
http://www.elvish.org/resources.html
They're all hopelessly outdated by now, however - which is why websites are
generally a better source, opposite to what one would normally expect.

>Personally, though, I think I would not publish an Alice in Neo-Quenya

Ha, the Tolkien Estate would prohibit it anyway which takes care of the
question.