To me that instinctively raises the question of syllabification, because there is a noticeable difference between the stop and the release of plosives (esp? with a following vowel), but not with sonorants. Again instinctively, to me that means I might potentially be comfortable with writing /kam:a/, but /kap:a/ strikes me as odd.

Eugene

Sent from my iPhone