Ah, I met this test a few months ago. Got 28400 then, not bad for a
non-nativ speaker at all… but certainly understandable given that I've
probably communicated more in English than Finnish since my late teens (ie.
the last 10 years).

As for Finnish, a little approximation: I've an official Modern Finnish
wordlist in analysis that lists 94100 basic, derived, compound, and
loanwords; I've forked a sublist of 39400 noncompound, not-100%-predictable
derivativs (tho still including some highly productiv suffixes), in which
I've noted about 500 words not known to me. (Might rise a bit from there,
but the number's definitely in the triple digits.) Of course, the original
list could easily be amended by another 100k rarer/dialectal/technical words…

Word *roots* are rather fewer in Finnish than English, tho; the list
contains probably around 5000 of them, and up to 130 lexemes may be based on
the most productiv few. (OT, but for a taster, these can be as various as
eg. √ete- "fore, forward" > _edistys_ "progress", _esine_ "object", _etuus_
"benefit", _etelä_ "south".)

—J.