yeah, it depends on what's happening, it often depends on the historical
source of the particular phenomenon, if it's known. however such
alternations often aren't as simple as a simple vowel alternation like
umlaut and ablaut. take arabic:

kitāb
book.SG

kutub
book.PL

is there a plural morpheme anywhere in *kutub*? no. but the words are
clearly related.

the particular example you gave (draw/drew) is in fact properly called
ablaut, since this difference comes from the usage of two different vowels
even in proto-indo-european.  cf. the OE counterparts (dragan~drōg). in
germanic languages, "strong" verbs morphologize through the tenses by
ablaut, and "weak" verbs with the -ed suffix you mentioned.

umlaut (usually meaning the assimilation of a vowel to a following vowel's
front- or back-ness), as in man/men (or, more obscurely, tell/told) has a
more obvious cause (in these cases, an original */i/ fronting the vowel in
one form but not the other); ablaut is a term generally restricted to IE
morphology, and is basically the scientific way of saying "PIE speakers
just used a different vowel here, and there's no phonologically accounting
for it."

but to answer your question there is no general term for ALL kinds of
internal alternations (esp. given the ones as drastic and inexplicable as
the arabic one above; not all internal alternations are vowel
alternations).  call it whatever you want!

cheers
matt