--- On Sat, 3/3/12, Nicole Valicia Thompson-Andrews <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> Thanks for keeping me in the loop.

No worries!

I don't know how profound your (physical) blindness is, but I think we
(conlangers) often lose sight of how very visual our art is. You would
think it's primarily aural -- it's about language, after all and what is
language but a means of spoken communication! And of course, writing
systems are almost exclusively for the sighted. But we rarely speak our
languages and rarely record ourselves reading texts. And few writing
systems are appropriate for reading by any means except the eyes. I know
some have recorded their languages -- I still treasure Sally Cave's
rendition of Teonaht poetry. And of course, you can hear Tolkien reciting
Namarie online. Loveliness embodied! (He has a pretty good singing voice
as well!)

But for most of us, our conlangs are composed as visual artifacts, are
delivered (via the web) as visual artifacts and are discussed, enjoyed
and shared here as visual artifacts.

Padraic