On Tue, Mar 27, 2012 at 2:24 PM, BPJ <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
> Either way it's not the conlangers' problem.

I agree with this completely, though I confess I do feel some
sympathy with a poor linguistics researcher confronted by the
wealth of real linguistic data available on the web.  With between
6000 and 7000 natural languages (depending on how you
count), it's hardly possible to know every legitimate language
name or even family.  I mean, absent a few paragraphs (and
the domain name), I would have no problem seeing Okuna as
a natlang.  Same with Ayeri.

In any case, I feel some obligation to let these people know,
gently, that they may need to make some adjustments if this
data might make it into a paper.  If no one else has already
contacted them, I can.

--
William S. Annis
www.aoidoi.org  www.scholiastae.org