On Mar 28, 2012, at 10:14 AM, Arthaey Angosii wrote:

> I'm glad to hear that there are some ASL speakers who support & use
> SignWriting, but it seems disingenuous to imply that there is not a
> strong community rejection of it.

Another perspective is my uncle (who's nearing 50). I asked him about SignWriting once, and he seemed positive enough (seemed to be of the opinion, "Oh yeah, people use that"), but I asked if he used it and knew it, and he said no, and kind of implied that it was silly—mainly for kids, or storybooks. (And he seemed to think that these two opinions weren't in conflict.) He uses English for writing.

David Peterson
LCS President
www.conlang.org