On 3/24/12, George Corley <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
> Of course.  And, certainly I would never completely populate a dictionary
> with generated words -- at least not to the level of automatically
> assigning meaning.  That would just give me a relex, anyway -- I want to
> play with semantic fields a bit.

It wouldn't necessarily be a relex, if you devised the list of glosses
with care, and then randomly assigned wordforms to the glosses.  I did
basically that with säb zjeda -- devised a list of glosses, assigned
each gloss an estimate of frequency, sorted the glosses by estimated
frequency, and then assigned randomly generated words sorted by
length.  Of course, säb zjeda is not my most satisfying project.  But
being a relex is not one of its defects.

--
Jim Henry
http://www.pobox.com/~jimhenry/