Date: Wed, 4 Apr 2012 23:30:00 -0400
From: [log in to unmask]
Subject: A different approach
To: [log in to unmask]

So far constructed auxlangs haven't really reached wide usage. Another possibility for an auxlang would be a living, natural language. Though it would give some people an advantage, it would be worth it the speaking population reached 5 billion within 30 years. I don't know if this can happen with a natural language or not, but I propose the use of Tok Pisin as an auxlang. I also propose that *all* efforts currently being invested in constructing auxlangs be reallocated to promoting the use of Tok Pisin or whatever other language is selected.

I don't speak Tok Pisin. However, it's phonology isn't too bad for the purposes of an auxlang. I'm not an expert on the language.

Paul Nuttall