I have been staying inn Poland during the latest months and I'm soon going
down there again. Being here in Uppsala I ntice a much bigger presence of
English than down in Jelenia Gˇra. I see much more English on signs and in
shopwindows than I will do down in Poland. Often I see Sale instead of
Swedish "Rea" (from "realisation", a sell out, I think, making cash of the
stocks you have). In the parts of Poland that I'm in, you will se very
little english on signs and shops. As I understand the young generation
learns English but id doesn't show as much as it does here.

On the other hand Polsih imports from English are sometimes rather
surprizing. You can see advertizing for instruction in foreign languages
where they cite like an asset that the organization in question has got
"native speakery" (!) which I have never seen in Swedish ads of the same
kind.

On TV I can see "News", which I have never seen on a Swedish channel, they
will have "Nytt"!

If I'd be allowed to be very personal, I am very depressed about the fact
that they using am and pm instead of the 24 h clock that I always used in
Swedish. To me this smells of 19th century. I have 24 h clock in my mail
program, I have gmail, but on all other google things I use there is am and
pm, and I have not found out how to change that.

I understand that in the US am and pm are standard, and that you feel the
24h clock to be as strange and artificial as I find the am and pm thing.

I will have ot accept it as a fact of life!

Regards

Kjell R