A thread from 2009 on the same subject you might find interesting:
http://listserv.brown.edu/archives/cgi-bin/wa?A2=CONLANG;p7512Q;200907191435570700C

My latest thinking on the subject is: If "reality" is a computer
simulation then "magical" incantations and rituals are really just
"cheat codes" for the game, or passwords granting higher permissions
within the game's hierarchy of users. The ultimate in power being the
discovery of The Creator's username and password. That would give a
player the same power as the Giver Of Data (G.O.D.) Himself.

--gary