I happened to just post a related idea on G+
(https://plus.google.com/u/0/103112149634414554669/posts/gkdjLxnVabQ):

"Imagine a magical alternate reality where platitudes (or any given
set of them) are literally, strictly true and enforced by the
Universe. In such a reality, how would rational behavior be different?

For instance: "It's always in the last place you look" means that you
should pre-commit in some way to only ever looking in one place, no
matter what.

Don't just say what would be true; that's not clever, it just repeats
the platitude. Say how people would behave differently given this
reality."

For this list, I'd add: suppose that it were possible to create new
platitudes within this magical universe; doing so is something akin to
a god-level Fiat. What would be implied about the language used for
this act? (For the sake of sanity, let's assume it's a separate
language than anyone normally speaks day to day. o.o)

- Sai