Originally it wasn't an easter egg, but the Google Translate team saw it,
were amused, and then made it one.

-Yash Tulsyan (yasht, cosman246)
http://cosman246.com
"Once men turned their thinking over to machines in the hope that this
would set them free. But that only permitted other men with machines to
enslave them." --Dune