Lee wrote:

> She is pregnant - planned or wanted
> She got pregnant - not planned and not wanted
I tend to see the difference between this pair as a matter process vs.
result-- the first is a state-of-being (results), the other refers to an
incident resulting in that state (process). At least that's the way I've
used it and heard it used. On the other hand, I can see this as a place
where the we vs. she would come in. "We are pregnant" or "We got
pregnant" strikes me as being a "wanted" thing, right off.

It's weirdness. I have mixed feelings about the "we are pregnant" thing.
I understand it, but then there's the technicality that pregnancy is a
physical process of women. "We are expecting" avoids that, but also
sounds like a corny euphemism. I blame English; it needs better words.

~*~
Mia.