From: Charles W Brickner
Sent: 5/11/2012 8:44 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: CHAT: Conlang-accented English (or other languages)

From: Constructed Languages List [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On
Behalf Of Eric Christopherson

Following up on the thread about English accents...

Has anyone here worked out in any detail how native speakers of their
conlangs would speak English, or any other nat- or conlang?=
____________

I can envision several occasions for an accent when a Sefdaanian speaks
English:

1) Without velar consonants, 'drink' might be /d4ink/, not /dr\INk/.
2) Consonant clusters of more than two consonants are not permitted, so one
might hear /s@p4ing/  instead of /spr\IN/.
3) An epenthetic /@/ is inserted across a word boundary to separate the same
consonant, so that 'it takes' would become [log in to unmask]
4) The bilabial fricatives /p\/ and /B/ would not become labiodental
fricative. Thus 'vote' /vov\t/ would be /Bot/.
5) Since two stops are not permitted in a cluster, one might hear 'act'
pronounced as  /aCt/.

Charlie