Error during command authentication.

Error - unable to initiate communication with LISTSERV (errno=111). The server is probably not started. LISTSERV 16.5 - CONLANG Archives

On 20/05/2012 12:33, Tony Harris wrote:
> I just saw a rather poor Esperanto translation of the phrase from
> Rumi, "Let the beauty of what you love be what you do", or something
> close to that.  The translation given was "Lasu la Beleco de kion vi
> amas, estas kion vi faru."
>
> I started automatically coming up with a more grammatically correct
> version, then tried doing so in Alurhsa.  While I can for each ("Estu
> la beleco de tio, kion vi amas, tio, kion vi faras" and "Dzáyn
> kólísnës teyá wágályëv ñólyën kelyályëv"), both are a bit awkward and
> I realized the phrase is more complicated to translate than it first
> appears.
>
> So I present it here as a translation opportunity.  How would you
> handle this in your conlangs?

<de-lurking hope="this displays in a fixed width font">

In Gevey:

"Let the beauty of what you love be what you do"
naiveskismu qjep baluc telaa yaax âs snonaso do ó sou yaaxei noihano do
ó goudj sekanu

Subject
-------
(the head nouns in the subject phrase of a copula clause use their
'dependent' stem forms)

naiveskismu  qjep            baluc               telaa
beauty.SUB   resultant.CONJ  things/actions.SUB  those

yuc  telaa  bal                 âs                snon-aso        do
PAT  those  things/actions.PAT  concept.PARTICLE  love/adore-PRS  you.AGT.SG

naiveskismu qjep baluc telaa    yaax      [yuc telaa bal] âs snonaso do  ó
beauty of those things/actions  that.REL  you love [those things]        REL

Complement
----------
(the head nouns in the subject phrase of a copula clause use their
'independent' stem forms; pronouns get to use their patientive case forms)

sou
them.COMP.PL

noih-ano          sou          do
do/undertake.FUT  them.PAT.PL  you.AGT.SG

sou   yaaxei    noihano [sou] do         ó
them  that.REL  you do/undertake [them]  REL

Copula
------
goudj                sek-anu
acceptance.PARTICLE  become-FUT

Final result
naiveskismu qjep baluc telaa yaax âs snonaso do ó sou yaaxei noihano do ó
subject                                           complement

goudj sekanu
copula

</de-lurking>