I think a lot of the hostility is coming from the fact that more and more of us recognize that patients are held to no standard and therefore do whatever they want, while we as medical professionals are constantly buffeted by winds of changing regulation. Whether from the tempest of Press Ganey or the throws of litigation, it's hard to place confidence on technology or thought processes which utilize diagnostic acumen of those who seek to hold everyone else responsible for any bad outcomes associated with its use.

The technology in and of itself = good

The technology in the hands of those using it with impunity = misuse, abuse, poor decision making and poor outcomes (in other words, bad)

Amazing that such a potentially useful gadget could have such great social benefit in a place like the African outback, while representing significant liability here in the US.

DLooneyMD

Shape your musical landscape! Add some funky violin jazz to your vibe!
Da Phatfunk Clique
DPC on Jango!
DPC on Myspace!
DPC on Facebook!