The folks from Pitisburgh  could recite the reference from Dr Bluestone
the godfather of otitis media  about the pneumatic otoscopy from the 80
and the 90.
The first reports from his group was pre hib vaccine era.

Thomas J. Abramo, M.D., FAAP, FACEP
Professor of Emergency Medicine and Pediatrics
Director and Division Chief, Division of Pediatric Emergency Medicine
Department of Pediatrics
Director, Pediatric Emergency Medicine Fellowship Program
Medical Director of Pediatric Transport
Monroe Carell Jr. Childrenšs Hospital at Vanderbilte 615-936-8158

Confidentiality Notice: This information is peer review material designed
to improve the quality of patient care and is privileged and confidential
pursuant to Tennessee Code Annotated section 63-6-219. This e-mail
message, including any attachments, is for the sole use of the intended
recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information as
set forth in the T.C. A. S63-6-219. Any unauthorized review, use,
copies of the original message.