On Wed, Jun 6, 2012 at 2:47 AM, Patrick Dunn <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
> I'm tempted to do a thumbnail statistical analysis of kinds of plural forms
> that exist in the languages I'm aware of.

Inuit has -(i)t, with your front vowel and coronal unvoiced stop. (The
-i- gets dropped if there are already two vowel morae in a row.)

(And niftily has a dual marker that involves a chroneme! Namely
"(:)k", again with the ":" getting dropped if there are already two
vowel morae.)

> *suffix -im or -oth

Which I think correspond to -in and -a:t in Arabic, and to -in and
-iet in Maltese.

Cheers,
Philip
--