Welcome, Yaesen!

Here are a couple more projects I know of that at least set out to lay down a taxonomy of one sort or another, though none of them are really object-oriented.
WordNet is a big lexical database of English with a rich taxonomy: http://wordnet.princeton.edu/
FrameNet instead is based on an organisation into cognitive frames, which are a little more in flavour like a set of member variables and methods: https://framenet.icsi.berkeley.edu/fndrupal/
And then there are projects of similar flavour arising from AI rather than linguistic background, like Cyc's ontology: http://www.opencyc.org/

On Sat, 16 Jun 2012 12:56:22 -0500, Patrick Dunn <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>An interesting notion.  There are some linguists working along similar
>lines, yielding work like this:
>
>http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Semantic_primes
>
>Which I find fascinating and intend, at some point, to spend some time on.

(I on the other hand hold deep skepticism for a couple reasons towards the well-foundedness of the semantic primes project. But this perhaps isn't the place for that.)

Alex