On Fri, 20 Jul 2012 13:50:21 -0400, Daniel Bowman <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>Do the natlangs follow the same form (tense on subject, aspect on object,
>etc)?

In Finnic one of the uses of the contrast between accusative and partitive objects is to indicate resultativity / completedness, which is a lot like aspect marking on the object.  Thus, to steal Wikipedia's examples:

  _luen kirja-a_ I.read book-PART "I am reading a book" (uncompleted)
  _luen kirja-n_ I.read book-ACC "I reed an (entire) book".  This one generally implies future:  as in many languages, since the present is just an instant, present perfectives are an unnatural category.

  _ammuin karhu-a_ I.shoot bear-PART "I shoot at the bear" (uncompleted: the shot may not have even connected)
  _ammuin karhu-n_ I.shoot bear-ACC "I shot the bear (dead)"

Alex