On Sun, Sep 30, 2012 at 4:06 PM, Nikolay Ivankov <[log in to unmask]>wrote:

> Now, i REALLY don't like such kind of discussions and, though being a
> native speaker, avoid this kind of lexis in my everyday speech.
> Unfortunately, even in Germany I'm exposed to this kind of language every
> day. And I'm writing it just to present some rules and hypotheses I happen
> to know.

This view is surprising to me.  I always expect linguistically
sophisticated groups like the conlanging community to encourage a certain
freedom in talking about taboo vocabulary in a way that you can't on TV or
radio.  Some people hear will remember that episode 13 of Conlangery was
marked explicit on iTunes specifically so we could devote the episode to
taboo vocabulary.  I think it would be irresponsible, in fact, for
linguists and conlangers to ignore such vocabulary when discussion is
warranted.  It would be something like censoring non-standard usages from a
discussion specifically about lower registers of a language.