What, if anything, is the difference, semantically?

One possibility: <biblScope> inside <imprint> characterizes the printed
monograph. It corresponds one-to-one with whatever the <title> of the
<monogr> corresponds to.  Then <biblScope> after <imprint> identifies
what part of the titled monograph contains the item identified in any
earlier <analytic>.

Does this, for example,

<biblStruct>
<analytic>
<author>Boguraev, Branimir</author>
<title>Text Representation</title>
</analytic>
<monogr>
<title level="j">Linguistic Computing</title>
<imprint>
<biblScope type="vol">7</biblScope>
<biblScope type="issue">2</biblScope>
<date>1992</date>
<biblScope type="pp">110-150</biblScope>
</imprint>
</monogr>
</biblStruct>

say that issue 2 of the journal's 7th volume has pages numbered 110 to
150 or that it's just the article that runs from p. 110 to p. 150?

I'd think the first, and that if I wanted to encode the second, I should
put <biblScope> outside the <imprint>. But Guideline don't seem to
distinguish.

Does TEI specify what <biblScope> scopes? Does the object of scoping
depend on where <biblScope> is used?

-- JPM

--
*John P McCaskey PhD* *?* www.johnmccaskey.com *?* [log in to unmask]