What, if anything, is the difference, semantically?

Does this, for example,

<biblStruct>
 <analytic>
  <author>Boguraev, Branimir</author>
  <title>Text Representation</title>
 </analytic>
 <monogr>
  <title level="j">Linguistic Computing</title>
  <imprint>
   <biblScope type="vol">7</biblScope>
   <biblScope type="issue">2</biblScope>
   <date>1992</date>
   <biblScope type="pp">110-150</biblScope>
  </imprint>
 </monogr>
</biblStruct>

say that issue 2 of the journal's 7th volume has pages numbered 110 to 150 or that it's just the article that runs from p. 110 to p. 150?

I'd think the first, and that if I wanted to encode the second, I should put <biblScope> outside the <imprint>. But Guideline don't seem to distinguish.

Does TEI specify what <biblScope> scopes? Does the object of scoping depend on where <biblScope> is used?

-- JPM

--
John P McCaskey PhD www.johnmccaskey.com [log in to unmask]
Brown University