I think the answer would depend on what function the title
page is serving in the place where it is found. E.g.,
does it actually mark the beginning (or end) of the
text or some division of the text? Does it belong to
some external work which is being quoted within the
main text? etc. Any chance of seeing an example?

pfs

On Tue, 30 Oct 2012, Gerrit Brüning wrote:

> Dear all,
>
> Sometimes titlepages appear within volumes or texts.
> Is
>    <floatingText><front><titlePage> etc.
> preferable? Or is there a better way to encode this?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Gerrit
>
> --
> Gerrit Brüning, M.A.
> Wissenschaftlicher Mitarbeiter
>
> Historisch-kritische Edition von Goethes Faust | Genetic Edition of Goethe's
> Faust | faustedition.net
>
> Freies Deutsches Hochstift | Großer Hirschgraben 23-25 | 60311 Frankfurt am
> Main | Fon +49(0)69-13880-292

Paul Schaffner | [log in to unmask] | http://www.umich.edu/~pfs/
316-C Hatcher Library N, Univ. of Michigan, Ann Arbor MI 48109-1190