Right on time!

This conversation comes up once a year usually around this time:
Oct 27, 2009 - "ISO 639-3"
Jan 24, 2010 - "ISO 639 (was Re: Introduction to software localisation
for conlangers)"
Sep 22, 2011 - "Extending ISO 639 for conlangs?"
Oct 18, 2012 - "Extensible Language Codes?"

There is a ConLang Code Registry that assigns codes from the "reserved
for local use" area to conlangs:
http://www.kreativekorp.com/clcr/

Of the people who actually care enough to use ISO 639 codes for
conlangs, some support using local use codes, but most seem to prefer
using the "xx" code with some system for specifying the language using
an extension, like "xx-mikiana" or "xx-rgb-mikiana". They usually cite
the limited number of codes and the potential of a land-grab as a
reason to use "xx" instead of "qaa"-"qtz". I continue to believe a
shortage of codes is unlikely, given that few people care enough.

-- Rebecca Bettencourt