(For beginners:  "onomastic" means dealing with names, so onomastic stems
would be words that are proper names)

And:  Any idea how that arose diachronically (across time)?  I'm trying to
wrap my mind how that could come to be, and I'm coming up blank, but then,
I just graded far more papers than the Geneva convention allows, so . . .

--Patrick

On Fri, Oct 19, 2012 at 4:36 PM, And Rosta <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> Nikolay Ivankov, On 19/10/2012 12:42:
>
>  Russian has different verb forms in past tense for the three genders it
>> has. So why not to conjugate differently for proper names.
>>

> My Livagian has different conjugations for when the stem is onomastic --
> i.e. you can tell from the inflection whether the stem is onomastic. But it
> doesn't have inflections that tell you whether its dependents have
> onomastic stems.
>
> --And.

order from Finishing Line
and