On Sat, Oct 20, 2012 at 5:08 PM, Dustfinger Batailleur <
[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> I'm pretty sure that that is an example of Semitic roots.

+1. Arabic does it in a bit different way, there are no slots like "youth"
and teaching "teaching" but you have something like that

drs - root concerned with learning
darasa - to learn
darrasa - to teach (make learn)
dars - lesson
madrasa(t) - school (where people learn)
mudarris - teacher (the one making learning)

`(th)n - ear, listening
`athana - to hear
`aththana - to make hear
`uthn - ear
`athan - a chapter from Quran, IIRC
muaththin - the one who sings on a minaret (making others hear)

hmd - respect, honor -> Hamid, Ahmad, Mahmood, Muhammad etc.

Sbh
sabah - morning (dawn, "brightening")
misbah - lamp ("brightener").

etc.etc.etc.