This is actually quite strange. English was taught with many idioms to me and I appreciate that knowledge very much (and still was horribly lost when I was on IRC for the first time because of stuff like that ;) ). Rejistanian also have quite a few idioms, though I have to admit that I often think of them not even so far as idioms but as the rejistanian way of stating things and only realize how horribly idiomatic they are when someone else tries to express the sentiment in a straightforward manner. Something which is very rejistanian is for example this exchange:

Kansu: Il'ki'yri exko'tan su?
Syku: Nil ri'ta.

(Kansu: You-FUT-succeed subject QUEST?
Syku: No hundred-LOC

Kansu: Will you pass the exam?
Syku: No chance whatsoever!)

Rejistanian's auxlangish existence in the conculture means that I cannot go completely crazy, but to me, these kind of things are very important in a language (which is why rejistanian uses rejavisko'het, which means "manner of speaking" for language).