>> Blue has highest frequency and shortest wavelenght, whereas red has
>> lowest frequency and longest wavelenght, thus the natural assotiation
>> of wovels with colors is:
>>
>> i Blue     ü Magenta u Red
>> ï Azure              ů Orange
>> e Cyan     ö White   o Yellow
>> ä Tyrquise           å Lime
>>            a Green
>
>How do you work this out? Frequency and wavelength are independent, and
>you're linking them with first and second formants? I don't follow...

i-ï-e-ä-a-å-o-ů-u are sorted simply by the formant f2 and associated with
the spectral colors B--C--G--Y--R from the highest (*there* called
"shallowest") to the lowest (deepest) frequencies.
/ü/ is between /i/ and /u/ like M between B and R; /ö/ is in the centre of
the triangle like White.

If there is both front rounded /ü/ and back unrounded /y/ and so we want the
cube instead of the triangle, then /y/ may be associated with blacK. The R
component then corresponds to roundness, the G component to openness and the
B component to frontness.