I requested replies off list because it's not exactly on topic and I didn't want to get in the way of conlanging with a "technical" question.

However, for those interested I got three replies with different options:

Sam Stutter suggested an app called UnicodeTable. It gets the job done but you have to copy and paste each symbol as needed;

David McCann shared these links and comments:
http://appfinder.lisisoft.com/app/special-characters-free.html
I don't know what it includes, but if IPA isn't there you could always
ask if they'll add it. There's also
http://www.lfsag.unito.it/ipa/editor_en.html

And Daniel Prohaska submitted the app mentioned at the bottom of this message.

In my opinion unicoder lite, suggested by Daniel Prohaska, seems to be the best option. It allows you to type what you need and the app automatically syncs with the phone's clipboard so you don't have to waste time selecting and copying. Simply type what you need, go to whichever program you want to put it in (i.e. message, e-mail, notepad, etc.) and paste.

Brian

Sent from my iPhone