It's not meant to be fair or accurate! But if any Yemoran societies practice slavery, comparing the werewolves to runaway slaves would be an insult.

On the other part of this thread:
Certainly you cannot wait until your characters speak to you if you want to finish a novel. When I am conlanging and conculturing, however, there are always blanks either because I have not considered that issue or because I forgot that the issue existed. First example: when initially designing Siye and the society of Siye-speakers, I refrained from creating an ethnic name or deciding whether it was patriarchal or matriarchal (it was never going to be egalitarian). It now leans towards matriarchy, although there are linguistic hints (i.e., the word for mother is 'place/land woman') that the ancient matriarchy might have been communal (and rather formal!) instead of strictly blood-based. The lack of an ethnonym for Siye speakers allowed me to create (and I decided I liked it, since it is my conlang) a society where the binding force is linguistic correctness rather than blood lines. Although I do admit that I have a degree in Classics, so the Simayamkim (Siye-speaking territory) may have some influence from Ancient Greek attitudes towards language.

My questions, the answers to which would be more appropriate for Conculture or Geofiction than here (but here is where the thread is), are, firstly, what makes them werewolves, if they can't transform, and secondly, who in-world thinks that the werewolves are strong? Is it werewolf propaganda for their own protection? Someone else's belief that the werewolves do nothing to discourage? Do the werewolves like this propaganda? Are they savages who want to become 'civilized', like the polygamist nudist bunny king in the Land of Oz? 'Civilized' creatures who want their civilized status acknowledged? Zealots who think the werewolf way is best (now _there's_ an interesting idea for a standard 'bite and turn' werewolf society!)? It comes down to the two Babylon 5 questions: 'Who are they?' and 'What do they want?'