               Lovecraft is a very evocative writer.   However, his use of
imagery was a challenge to translate.  What exactly did he mean by “obscene
clutch that titillates and stings” ?  And as for “puffed Shoggoths,”
perhaps they’re different to regular Shoggoths.  Maybe a bit like how Cocoa
Puffs are different to regular cocoa, I guess.

                I translated “obscene clutch that titillates and stings” as
“With gaunt claws that forcefully tickle and sting me.”

                Why Night-Gaunts should want to tickle their victims, I
cannot say.