                Okay, everybody sing now:

                “Way hey blow the man down!”

                “Give me some time to blow the man down!”

                Though I think that useage of “blow” just means “punch.”

                By the way, Alex, I’m glad that you asked about the
translation of “breathe.”

                I think that these translations are some of the most
productive exercises that we do on this list.  We get to work on these
translations at our own pace, any type of language can participate, and it
doesn’t matter whether we’ve been working on our languages for a week or
thirty years.  Let’s keep the translations coming!

                However, since the last three exercises have been poems,
may I suggest that we do some prose next?  Right now I’m working on a
translation of “The Marriage at Cana” which can be found in John 2:1-11.  It’s
a lovely little story that only takes eleven sentences.  Plus, I have the
challenge of figuring out what to do in a world that has no wine and where
marriages are usually solemn events.

                Perhaps we could see a translation of “In Flanders Field”
in the Gripping Language.  I’m sure the phrase “if ye break faith” would be
somehow iconic.

                Or perhaps we could see a translation in Sabasasaj.  I
haven’t found a word for “bloom,” “blossom,” “poppy” or “flower” on the
online lexicon, but I do see a couple of interesting words for “grow.”

                Khju-is – grow (of plants) (abs); (archaic tr) tend crops

                Piuk-an – make larger, (abs) grow, (abs perf) be big, (of
time) long

                Also, I just like this word:

                Phinsuhuum-un “quiet as an infant”