On Thu, Nov 15, 2012 at 10:15 AM, Leonardo Castro <[log in to unmask]>wrote:

> My strategy is to have separate verbs for each feature:
>
> x_1 {comes-from} x_2 {goes-to} x_3 {caused-by} x_4 {by-transportation} x-5
>
> ---
>
> So some of your verb encode Path (x_1 & x_2), some encode Manner (x_4)
which would make your language mixed (English is as well, but its a case of
native verbs are Manner-encoders and Latinate borrowings are
Path-encoders), BUT you also have verbs that are Cause-encoders!  Could you
give an example or two of the latter and how they work?

> I have another question related to this one:
>
> Do you guys usually allow verbs that can have nouns, events or other verbs
> as arguments?
> Or do you prefer to have different verbs for each type of argument?
>
> For instance, the verb "to like" can have, as its object,
>
> (1) a noun: "I like ice cream.";
> (2) an event: "I like that you know it.";
> (3) another verb: "I like to swim.".
>
> I think that they could be three different verbs.

That would be interesting as well.  I'll have to ponder whether or not that
might fit into some language or other that needs developing.

Adam