To me the sentence "The Lord God made all things bright and
beautiful." is analogous to these sentences:

The laundry made all clothes clean and fresh.
The house painter made the all walls bright and beautiful.

To me it implies that "all things" already existed, after which The
Lord God caused all pre-existing things to be bright and beautiful.

--gary