Your idea is not dissimilar to many compounds in Indonesian. Two that come to mind immediately are "rumah sakit" (house sick) for 'hospital' and "rumah makan" (house eat) for 'restaurant'. I'm sure there are many others, but I don't have time or inclination just now to scan the dictionary for them..........

Of course, Kash has similar compounds based on _puna_ 'house', also on _yurun_ 'place'. ;-)))