On Nov 16, 2012, at 10:46 PM, Ph. D. wrote:

> I know Irish has "conjugated" prepositions: ag = at, agam = at me, agat = at you.
>
> But how do they express a noun and pronoun together as the object of a preposition?
>
> Seán and I have a car = Tá carr ag Seán agus agam  ??

Sorry, I don't know the answer to this, but it reminds me of a question I've had for a while:

Are Celtic-style (or Semitic-style, if those show the same phenomenon) "conjugated prepositions" truly conjugated -- in the sense that distinguishes conjugated verbs from verbs with cliticized pronouns? If so, I wonder if their development might provide insight into how verbal conjugation comes about (since we have fairly good knowledge of non-conjugated prepositions in IE to contrast with their conjugated counterparts).