            Thank you for your informative response, Ray.

            I’m particularly glad that you wrote a few words about the
phrase “My hour has not yet come,” since it seems that we’ve mostly
overlooked that passage in our discussion.  I do wonder whether there’s a
way to make it clear that “my hour” refers to Christ’s death and
resurrection.  I’ll have to think about this more.

            I’m particularly glad that you’ve touched upon the theme that
“gúnai” is John’s way of reminding us of Eve, the first Mother.  I remember
being taught in Sunday school and in English class that that was an
interpretation of the word “woman” in that verse, but I wasn’t sure whether
this list would bring that idea up.

            This was the reason why, in my version Prince Khyexhròwiqan
addresses Khmaryayólakh not just as Mother but also Child of
Pfhentókha .  Pfhentókha
was not just the first woman but the first Empress, and Khmaryayólakh was a
pure blood descendent of hers, probably from both of her parents.  The
writer of this Gospel takes pains to remind the reader of the Prince’s ties
to the Family of the Sun.

            In terms of our world, is it possible to translate “Gúnai” in
way that can remind the reader of Eve, without using a footnote?  The
phrase “daughter of Eve” may sound a bit too Narnian, but at least it’s a
step in the right direction.

            And yes, “John” does call this a sign, but I think I translated
it as both a “sign” and a “miracle.”  I really can’t help myself.  I know
that “Matthew” doesn’t tell us the number of Magi, but in my version I make
it specific that there are Three Sorcerers who come from the East.  It just
seems an appropriate detail to the story.