In Quebec, articles 50 to 74 of the civil code are related to one's name: http://www2.publicationsduquebec.gouv.qc.ca/dynamicSearch/telecharge.php?type=2&file=/CCQ_1991/CCQ1991_A.html

-Mat

-----Message d'origine-----
De : Constructed Languages List [mailto:[log in to unmask]] De la part de Sai
Envoyé : mardi 20 novembre 2012 23:51
À : [log in to unmask]
Objet : Re: peoples's name

On Tue, Nov 20, 2012 at 10:25 AM, Mathieu Roy <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
> PS.: Here is an article I find interesting on some laws for naming children
> in some countries: http://www.mentalfloss.com/blogs/archives/59277

And here's a collection of US legal cases on naming law:
saizai.com/namecases.zip

I particularly recommend Kushner's review article, "The right to
control one's name": uclalawreview.org/pdf/57-1-7.pdf (which
concentrates on adults' control of their names).

Origin: I prepared to have to argue my name change in court. Turned
out to not be necessary, but it was still interesting, and now I know
a lot about US naming law.

- Sai