On Wed, 2012-12-19 at 22:14 +0000, Sebastian Rahtz wrote:
> It does seem to me that CodeMirror does not support syntax checking or validation in any way,
> have you found some indicator that it can do so?

I see what you mean. For sure if I get CodeMirror to do requirement #5,
it will be able to do the basic checks too, but your observation gives
me pause.

eXide does complain very clearly about syntax errors and the like.

It may well be that adding to eXide what I need would be easier than
adding it to CodeMirror. I need to investigate more.

> it would be just wonderful if you found or made this mythical beast....

I'm trying my best to *avoid* making this beast, but I may end up
failing at this goal.

Thanks,
Louis