On 12/20/2012 6:14 AM, Sebastian Rahtz wrote:
[log in to unmask]" type="cite">
It does seem to me that CodeMirror does not support syntax checking or validation in any way,
have you found some indicator that it can do so?
The reason I believe CodeMirror can be so blazingly fast with large documents is that it does not reparse the whole document after each change (at least it was this way in version 1). That being said, you can hook up CodeMirror to a well-formedness checker (DOMParser would work fine) or if you have a JavaScript validation library in mind for RelaxNG, etc. to that, and perhaps hook into CodeMirror 3's inline widgets if the checker is line-aware: http://codemirror.net/demo/widget.html
[log in to unmask]" type="cite">
it would be just wonderful if you found or made this mythical beast....
--
Sebastian Rahtz
http://www.justgiving.com/SebastianRahtz