If the XML requirement stays, these specifications should be modified.
Note that some even allow spaces in the value.

Since as of right now, the XML requirement is there, I'll put these in a
bug repor.

  * <titlePage>/@type: "Any string, e.g. full, half, Series, etc."
  * <app>/@type: "Any convenient descriptive word or phrase, describing
    the extent of the variation (e.g. word, phrase, punctuation, etc.)
    its text-critical significance (e.g. significant, accidental,
    unclear), or the nature of the variation or the principles required
    to understand it (e.g. /lectio difficilior/, /usus auctoris/, etc.)"
  * <distinct>/@type: "a semi-open user-defined list"
  * <forest>/@type: "A character string."
  * <fs>/@type: "Character string, e.g. /word structure/."
  * <lbl>/@type: "any string of characters, such as /usage/,
    /sense_restriction/, etc."
  * <listForest>/@type: "A character string."
  * <orth>/@type: "Any convenient word or phrase, e.g. /lat
    /(latin),/std/ (standard), /trans /(transliterated), etc."
  * <witDetail>/@type: "Values can be taken from any convenient typology
    of annotation suitable to the work in hand; e.g. letter_form,
    ornament, ..."