If the XML requirement stays, these specifications should be
modified. Note that some even allow spaces in the value.
Since as of right now, the XML requirement is there, I'll put these
in a bug repor.
- <titlePage>/@type: "Any string, e.g. full, half,
- <app>/@type: "Any convenient descriptive word or
phrase, describing the extent of the variation (e.g. word,
phrase, punctuation, etc.) its text-critical significance
(e.g. significant, accidental, unclear), or the nature of the
variation or the principles required to understand it (e.g. lectio
difficilior, usus auctoris, etc.)"
- <distinct>/@type: "a semi-open user-defined list"
- <forest>/@type: "A character string."
- <fs>/@type: "Character string, e.g. word
- <lbl>/@type: "any string of characters, such as usage,
- <listForest>/@type: "A character string."
- <orth>/@type: "Any convenient word or phrase,
e.g. lat (latin),std (standard), trans (transliterated),
- <witDetail>/@type: "Values can be taken from any
convenient typology of annotation suitable to the work in
hand; e.g. letter_form, ornament, …"
[log in to unmask]"
Ah Lou rightly reminds us that the valList mechanism is closely linked, cos the same values are used for identifiers, and we need them to be XML names under some circumstances. Fixing this properly would need a non-trivial change to the way ODD thinks.
Carved in stone on my iPad