yes, I agree. I can't discriminate between @ref and @corresp here

the reason I mentioned it is that the deprecation of @key is an ongoing action at the TEI Council. it may yet not come to pass, but the idea
is to recommend use of various URI schemas on @ref in place of @key.

> What do you think about using <idno> inside the <term>? Do you think that using the ref attribute is the best practice in this regard?

i don't see any real advantage to that embedded <idno>

--
Sebastian Rahtz
Director (Research Support) of Academic IT Services