On 12/9/12 5:10 PM, "John P. McCaskey" <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>In a stylesheet pair (XSL and CSS) I am writing, I decided to render
>nearly every block-level element, including tei <p>, as html <div
>class=[tei name]>. Both XSL and CSS became far simpler.

I don't know enough about the details of this, but the concept is very
intriguing. It may help to get  you away from "false friend" errors. There
is some overlap between the HTML and TEI meanings of <div> and <p>, but
they are really quite different creatures. If you were teaching somebody
how to move from TEI to HTML, insisting on this technique might be an
initial hurdle with considerable downstream benefits: You'd never foster
the illusion that because you about <div> and <p> in one language, you
understand it in the other.